Risk Management & Safety protects the staff, students, and visitors to UNLV from injury, while also protecting the institution from financial loss.
- Safety Tip: Perchloric acid is dangerously corrosive and forms explosive mixtures. Learn More »
- Safety Tip: The use of laser pointers has become widespread, but may cause permanent eye damage. Learn More »
- Safety Tip: Over the past year, UNLV has responded to 6 fires on campus. Learn More about Fire Safety »
- Safety Tip: Space heaters cause more than 300 deaths and 25,000 residential fires each year. Learn More »
- Safety Tip: AEDs may be use during sudden cardiac arrest to shock the heart back into normal rhythm by means of an electric current. Learn More »
- Safety Tip: A training course has be set up to help recognize the signs and symptoms of heat stress and what you can do to protect yourself. Learn More »