Types of Insurance
Table of contents
- Property Insurance
- General Liability
- Vehicle Insurance
- Student Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Executive Assistance Traveling Services
- Excess Insurance
- Special Event Liability
For more information:
- Michael L. Means
- Insurance & Claims Administration Officer
- CSB 123
- (702) 895-5735
UNLV, CSN, and NSC are insured for replacement value for buildings and its contents through the Nevada System of Higher Education for $500 million dollars. NSHE has a $500,000 deductible. UNLV, CSN, and NSC have a $2,000 deductible per claim occurance.
UNLV, CSN, and NSC are state institutions and are afforded limited liabilities as sovereign entities as per the Nevada Revised Statues (NRS) 41. NRS 41 affords defense and indemnity to NSHE entities and its employees.
NRS 41 applies to Auto Liability in the same manner.
Auto Physical Damage coverage is for all UNLV/CSN/NSC owned, leased, or loaned vehicles, such as automobiles, trucks, carts, or trailers.
- Additions/Deletions Form (pdf)
There is professional liability coverage for students who study in healthcare practices. This policy covers students in the School of Dental Medicine and the School of Health Sciences. This policy is essential for the students to continue their educational process while protecting them against any loss that may occur while working with the public as an intern or similar educational activity.
This insurance policy provides coverage for losses resulting from:
- Theft of money, securities, or other property
- Forgery or alteration of checks, drafts, promissory notes, and other similar orders to pay
- Computer fraud
- Counterfeit paper and money orders
This professional liability insurance policy provides coverage to employees who treat medical and dental student patients and the general public. Dental residents and fellowship students are also provided medial malpractice insurance.
- Physician / Advanced Practice Nurse - Application form (pdf)
- Dental Practice (Faculty or Resident) - Application form (pdf)
- Allied Health - Application form (pdf)
Executive Assistance Traveling Services
The ACE Executive Assistance Services program provides the Nevada System of Higher Education employees, faculty, volunteers, students and chaperones while traveling internationally for business or academic related with travel assistance and emergency response services. The policy excludes any country or jurisdiction which is the subject of trade or economic sanctions imposed by the laws or regulations of the United States of America. A current listing of sanctioned countries can be found on the U.S. Department of Treasury website:
A current listing of countries with travel warnings can be found on the U.S. Department of State website:
To gain on-line and mobile access you must first visit the ACE Executive Assistance Services website at www.acetravelapp.com and use NSHEs policy number below to register and create your personal profile.
POLICY NUMBER: PHFD37950609
ACE Worldwide Telephone Access:
- IDD + 800 0200-8888 toll free outside U.S. and Canada (available from 40 countries, check www.aceExecutiveAssistance.com for complete list of countries)
- 1-(202)-659-7777 collect outside U.S. and Canada
- IDD+1-(202)-659-7777 direct dial outside U.S. and Canada
- 1-(800)-766-8206 U.S or Canada
Services provided by ACE Executive Assistance Services include:
- Emergency Medical Treatment
- Hospital Admission Guarantee
- Emergency Medical Payment Advance and Guarantee
- Medical monitoring and Referrals
- Doctor or Specialist Dispatch
- Medication and Eye Wear Replacement
- Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
- Family Reunion Travel Arrangements
- Transportation Escort
- Return of Dependent Children and Travelling Companion
- Repatriation of Remains
- Immunization Requirements
- Embassy Locations
- Visa/Passport Requirements
- Culture and Etiquette
- Country Information
- Crime and Country Risk Levels
- Political Evacuation
- Natural Disaster Evacuation
- Consultation Services
- Legal Assistance/Bail
- Emergency Travel Arrangements and Passport Replacement
- Hotel, Car and Airline Reservations
- Restaurant Referrals
- Tee Times
- Personalized Retail Shopping Assistance
ACE Executive Assistance Services Pamphlet (pdf)
The Excess Liability insurance policy provides coverage for liability risks that include wrongful acts, errors and omissions, products completed operations, employee benefit liability. There are some endorsements and exclusions that apply.
Special Event Liability
Special event insurance can be purchased for entities wanting to use UNLV or NSHE facilities to meet the insurance requirements for use of the facility.