Laboratory Biosafety & Chemical Hygiene
The goal of laboratory safety at UNLV is to work in partnerships with faculty & staff to assure safe laboratories. Laboratory safety should be incorporated into daily activities in all laboratories at UNLV. To this end, the Biosafety/Chemical Hygiene Officer:
- Provides training related to laboratory safety
- Develops written policies, procedures and guidelines to assist faculty with providing a safe work environment
- Provides monitoring of especially hazardous materials
- Promotes safety awareness
- Ensures that the laboratory safety program complements science
Questions or concerns should be directed to Chemical Hygiene Officer Vacant at (702) 895-0463 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.